Monday 23 June 2014

Interview number two

I conducted my second interview this morning, this time with two year 8 students. It was still interesting, but because both of the interviewees were girls who are achieving higher levels, I feel this affected their experience and understanding with feedback. I won't say much now as I have a full teaching day, but my initial thoughts are:
  • Annotated feedback better
  • Like two star and wish
  • Frequency should be regular
  • Personalised comments
  • Examples
  • Verbal feedback accompanying
  • Explanations of how to improve
  • Examples
Unfortunately, the camera died half way through the interview, which I am very annoyed about! I had checked the battery and it said it had an hour left, but clearly not. It's a valuable lesson though – I will double check batteries now before filming!


KC

No comments:

Post a Comment