Friday 20 June 2014

Using Students as Researchers

I've decided that as part of my trial I am going to train 5 members of my form (subject to parental consent and the consent of the students) to be student-researchers, in order to help me to interview some of the younger students, specifically years 7 and 8. I'd like to be able to video record them conducting the interviews without my presence, to see if the responses they get become any more honest or clear when a 'teacher' isn't asking the questions. It will be interesting to compare how the students speak to their peers to how they speak to me. I'll pay particular attention to the body language of the students during the interviews to see if they appear more relaxed and at ease. Using students as researchers has been something I've toyed with for awhile, so I think it would be amiss of me to let this pilot opportunity to pass.


I'll keep you posted on how it goes, but I thought I'd keep you updated on my thought process.


KC

No comments:

Post a Comment